Just a quick post today because I have to rush off and meet Djelibeybi at the pub for dinner, but I have some small triumphant news! The first movement of Ladders of Escape has an ending! I suspect it’s not 100% finished – for one thing I sort of forgot about the multiphonics I used at the beginning of the movement, so they don’t appear in the second half, so I need to go back over and find spots for them. I also need to double-check ranges against notes and make sure everything’s playable and so on, but at the very least it’s fully sketched out so I’ve met that small challenge I set myself. Next I’ll need to think up something to do with the second movement, I guess, but that’s for tomorrow!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *